Monday, August 10, 2009

Before I hit the hay....6 days post op

From what I have heard and read most people say that the first two weeks are the hardest! I'm praying that they are right....tomorrow I will be halfway through. I'm still struggling with the required 32 oz per day of protein shake. Today I did manage to get down 16 oz and I am proud of myself. Tomorrow I will try to do 16 oz plus!! I drank a total of 46 oz of fluid, which is another issue I am having. I have never been a big drinker so I am having to MAKE myself conciously drink. I did get on my treadmill today for 10 minutes instead of walking outside....it is TOO HOT and humid to be walking outside today. I must say, I prefer to walk outside!

I have to put a little "plug" in here for my 8 year old daughter and my dear hubby. Bekah has been such an encourager and a little "nurse maid". She's very mindful of what Mommy is doing and she asks lots of questions. Tonight she asked for a drink out of my water bottle then she looked at me and said, "Oh, are you keeping track of what you drink. Should I not drink." I assured her that one drink would not matter. She is such a caring little girl. And as for my DH....what would I do without him? He is my rock! He's always encouraging me and trying to make things easier for me. I am so thankful that God gave him back to me.

Speaking of God...duh! I can't sign off without saying how important my relationship with him is to me and this endeavor. I am struggling with depression, doubts, fears and I must admit that I have been busily plugging along, not really even conversing with God about it. I am convicted tonight how wrong I am in that. I know better than that. But thankfully, even when I am failing Him and not giving Him the time and relationship He deserves, HE never leaves me! He continually woo's me. Thanks Daddy for never giving up on me! I promise to work on giving you MORE of the time that You deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment