Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And now..the rest of the story

I've left everyone hanging long enough I guess for the rest of the story. So tonight I will try to wrap it up. But first I need to give an update on the weight loss front. I hadn't weighed for a few days because I knew that I wasn't going to lose anymore until I got my first fill. But for some reason I decided to step on the scale and surprise, surprise.....I'm down TWO pounds. Now granted, these are 2 of the 3 that I had put back on since surgery but that gives me a grand total of 18 pounds lost since surgery (which was four weeks ago today)! I'm really happy with myself and am so looking forward to seeing the doc on Thursday to see how he thinks I am doing.

How Rick and I reconnected was TOTALLY a God thing. As I had said previously, he and I both had been in unhappy marriages that ended in divorce. Rick came from a divorced family while my parent's were high school sweethearts, married at 19 and this year celebrated their 44th anniversary. When Rick and I dated all those years ago I remember a specific conversation he and I had where he told me that he never wanted to get a divorce. He said that he didn't want to do that to his children. I dreamed of being married for "forever" like my parents and grandparents. Needless to say we both were devastated that our marriages ended in divorce. So that's all I'm going to say about that.

Rick and I reconnected on the internet. He had been wondering for years how I was doing, what I was doing, etc. So he looked me up and emailed me. At first I was not sure if I should answer his email but truthfully, I had alot of unanswered questions about that night in November 1987 when he came from Germany to Greensburg to see me. There were so many things that I didn't remember and all of these years I just assumed that he hated me for the way I treated him (and I wouldn't have blamed him). So I emailed him back and filled him in on what was going on with me. We emailed back and forth a few times. I was able to apololgize for the "Dear John" letter and for treating him so wrong. It felt good to be able to finally have some closure and to know that he did not hate me, which to this day I still have a hard time understanding. How could he not hate me/be mad at me for hurting him as I did? His answer, "I love you and you showed me what true love is. I never stopped loving you!" He swept me off my feet with that one! We started dating again and it was amazing how we were able to just pick up where we left off. It's as if the 23 years that we were apart never happened. God has totally restored our relationship. We are truly soul mates! There are times that we both are thinking the exact same thing. We have the same values and beliefs. He is the best friend that I had been missing for so many years. I thank God for bringing Rick back into my life, just when I needed him and just when he needed me. While our divorces were devastating for both of us, God had a much bigger plan.

We were married June 7, 2008 and now so we begin our married life together.......23 years later!

I love my hubby, my best friend, my soul mate! Thank you, God for bringing him back to me!

1 comment:

  1. OMG what a great story! True Love! Reminds me a little of my story with my DH...except we only broke up for five years after college, then reconnected for good. We have known each other since we were 15 yrs old.

    Good advice for any divorced/not partnered women: look into Blast from the Past dating. Think about reconnecting with a high school, or college sweetheart. There is something about having that shared past...it really provides strong glue for a relationship.

    Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete