Friday, October 9, 2009

IU Football Game and SECOND Fill


I haven't taken the time to post this week about the IU football game Rick & I went to last weekend in Bloomington. My nephew, Cody, is a Freshman at IU. He tried out for the cheer squad and made it! YEAH Cody! He has been doing gymnastics since he was 5 or 6. I am so proud of him! He's my first born nephew and I find it hard to believe that he is 19 years old now. Anyway, here's a few pics from the game and tailgating.

Rick & Cody

Cody doing his thing!

I got my second fill last Friday (10/9/09). Doc did it again under fluoroscope! AWESOME! I was wearing an IU sweatshirt and doc graduated from Purdue. (DH wore an IU t-shirt the day of surgery, doc had on a PU cap and of course made a funny comment about Rick being an IU fan. He actually came out after surgery and told Rick that he had put in a "Purdue band") Anyway, he teased me Friday about the IU shirt and promised to make me drink more of the "YUCK stuff" than I really needed to!

He put in 2 cc's, I swallowed the YUCK stuff and I could see my new little stomach on the screen. None of the fluid went down. Doc said it gave him a good opportunity to see the outline of the stomach, said it looked good. Anyway, 2 cc's was too much so he took out .5 cc's. This now gives me 3.5 cc's in my band. He said that this really should be close to all I need though he did say that some people need a little more when they lose weight because the band becomes looser. We'll see! Anyway, I definitely have restriction now....hope that it lasts! I weighed before I went to get my fill and I weighed this AM.....I'm down 3 pounds! THREE pounds since Friday! Yeah! 2 of those 3 pounds are ones that I have lost and gained a few times so I certainly hope that they are gone for good. So with the additional NEW 1 pound lost I am down a total of 27 pounds since my August 4th surgery. Strangely enough, I feel lighter this morning for the first time. I've gotta get back on my walking routine. Have missed the last few days.

We had a good weekend. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it on here before, but DD, Bekah (now 8 years old) is adopted. She joined our family when she was 3 days old. We brought her home from the hospital. My little angel baby came directly from God....she was made just for me but that's a story I will have to tell another time. Anyway, we have stayed in contact with her birth mother, Jessica and her family. We see them at least once a year, sometimes twice and we talk on the phone & text frequently. Jessica, her hubby and Jackie (Jessica's younger sister) along with a friend of Jackie came down Saturday and stayed all day. We had a wonderful visit! (Jessica was 14 when she gave birth to Bekah). We had such a nice visit and are planning on trying to go to Jessica's parent's house around the holidays to see the rest of the family.

Yesterday, Rick had to leave at 6:30AM for a business trip. He drove from Indiana to New Jersey......13 hours. He has training classes M-F and then a regional meeting on Saturday morning. Most likely he won't be home until Sunday. We Skyped last night for about an hour but I miss his so much already! I know.......gag.....but you have to remember that we were apart for 20 years and now we are still newlyweds. I've been without him before and I DON'T LIKE IT! I miss my best friend! But I will try to be brave and get through the week the best way I know how. Bekah and I will have some good mama/daughter time!

I guess I've rambled on long enough for now! Hope everyone is having a good Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment